Donate To Help the Cause
Donate Your Time and Enthusiasm
If you'd like to help with our core mission of financial education, please be sure to reach out and let us know.
Make a Monetary Contribution
One of the most tax-efficient way to make a donation is through a DAF donation. What is that, you may ask? Well, it's a smart way to support a cause you believe in a tax-optimized way: you take the tax deduction immediately, the assets in the DAF appreciate tax-free, and you can choose when to donate the funds.
For more information, listen to Brad and Jonathan discuss Donor Advised funds back in episodes 67r (approximately 37 minutes in) and in episode 136 with the FI Tax Guy (approximately 44 minutes in).
The ChooseFI International Foundation can accept DAF donations from:
- Fidelity Charitable
- Charles Schwab Charitable
- BNY Mellon
Both the Paypal cash donation and DAF Donations are available in the sidebar to the right.
Vanguard Charitable Donor Advised Fund
Donating to the Foundation from Vanguard's Donor Advised Fund isn't available using the form to the right. Instead, you need to use the procedure that Vanguard has defined for advising your wish to donate to the Foundation. You'll need the Foundation's EIN number for submitting this request, it is: EIN: 83-2597554, registered in Henrico, VA, United States.
Get Your Employer to Match Your Donations
Many companies have a donation matching program - so this is a great way to double the impact of your money.
- If your organization uses the "Benevity Causes Portal", you can use it locate the Foundation and likely make a matching donation that way. Or, you company may have its own donation-matching portal.
- Be sure to read the instructions provided by your company so that you understand the donation and matching guidelines. Many companies offer dollar for dollar matching up to a set amount, such as $1,000 Others may offer extra donated funds if you volunteer a pre-determined amount of hours to a charitable cause.
- To find the ChooseFI International Foundation in your company’s donation-matching web portal, first try searching by our official name. You may have to try it a few different ways because sometimes we may be listed as ChooseFI Foundation.
- If you can’t find us by name, try entering our EIN: 83-2597554.
- If we are not listed in your company’s system, you can usually request to have us added. Just look for a section titled something like “add a nonprofit” or “nominate an organization”.